After nearly six years of working with my current employer developing custom software I have decided to pursue a new direction.
My passion for developing better software has gotten the best of me. I 100% agree with the “Agile Manifesto”:http://www.agilemanifesto.org and that’s why tonight I became a signatory and part of the reason why I felt it was time for me to pursue a new direction. To iterate the four main points of the Agile Manifesto:
- Individuals and interactions over processes and tools
- Working software over comprehensive documentation
- Customer collaboration over contract negotiation
- Responding to change over following a plan
Individually as a developer and a team member I wake up and do the following every day I go to work:
- As a software developer I take pride in the software that I create and that others may have to maintain.
- As a tester I take pride in proving that my software works so it can be changed with confidence to satisfy evolving business needs, even if that change is not going to be made by me.
- As project member I take pride in communicating and collaborating to those I work with to give the project it’s best possible chance of success and of also solving the right business problem.
- As a person I take pride in respectfully and genuinely treating those I encounter through work and every day life.
I wish my previous employer the best of luck.
To those who read this post, I hope you will either be positively affected in someway by the software that I have or will help create or that you will positively affected by working with me directly for software that will solve your business needs.
blog comments powered by Disqus